Same Day Emergency Dental Care
At GB Dental we understand dental pain and trauma is extremely important, that is why, whenever possible, we provide same day emergency dental care. Our highly qualified dentists have a special interest in emergency dental care and are very experienced in dealing with all emergency cases.
The most common reason for people seeking emergency dental care is a toothache. Dental pain may arise from a number of causes and can be extremely debilitating. After attending our practice, our patients are grateful to be relieved of their pain and are often able to continue the rest of their day.
Dental Trauma/Tooth Fracture
Dental trauma and tooth fracture are often painful, additionally and particularly with a front tooth fracture you may find it embarrassing. We understand this is very important and in most cases your appearance can be restored immediately.
What can I do to relieve my pain?
Sometimes we are called by people asking what they can do themselves to relieve their dental pain. Unfortunately, it is difficult to safely provide such information over the phone. Without prior knowledge of your medical and dental history and thorough dental examination we cannot make an accurate diagnosis. In most situations, your dental pain will be relieved through procedural intervention. We recommend you arrange an appointment as soon as is convenient.
What will happen at my emergency dental care visit?
1. Upon arrival, we will request you fill out a medical and dental health form. For your convenience you can download this form, fill it out at your leisure and bring it with you to your appointment. Alternatively, you can e-mail or fax it back to us. If you don’t get a chance to do so, we will just request you take a few minutes before your appointment to complete the form.
All information provided to us is used solely to ensure that we gain a complete understanding of your oral health to provide you with the best possible treatment and is held in the strictest confidence.
2. A member of our team will escort you into one of our modern, comfortable surgeries which offer the latest dental technologies as well as comforts for yourself such as flat screen TV’s and relaxing music.
3. We will then ask you some questions such as:
• How long have you had the pain for?
• What exacerbates the pain?
• Is the pain constant or does it come and go?
• What is the location of the pain?
• How long does the pain linger for?
Is my emergency dental care going to hurt?
We see many nervous/anxious patients. It is our aim to make your experience as comfortable as possible. We understand this is an important area of concern for our patients and offer many techniques/services to help relieve discomfort, pain and anxiety.
Can I have emergency dental care if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
Absolutely! Your dentist will carefully discuss any required treatment with you prior to commencement; this will allow you to make an informed decision regarding your dental care and pregnancy/child.
Please feel welcome to Contact Us for further information and to arrange an appointment.