Wild and Crazy Dental Facts
11 March 2013
Here are 10 wild and crazy dental facts...
- The avarage human produces 29,000 litres of saliva in a lifetime. That is enough to fill 2 swimming pools!!
- You should not keep your toothbrush near a toilet. The airborne particles from the flush can travel up to a distance of 6 feet. YUCK!!
- People who drink 3 or more glasses of soft drink each day have 62% more tooth decay, fillings and tooth loss than others. Put down the soft drinks and pick up a bottle of water instead!!
- 60% of people don't know that a sore jaw, when combined with chest pain, can signal a heart attack.
- Each person's set of teeth is unique...much like fingerprints!
- Did you know that your tongue print is also unique?
- The average woman smiles about 62 times a day! A man - only 8.
- Kids laugh around 400 times per day, grown ups - just 15 :-(.
- If you're right handed, you will chew you your food on your right side. If you're left handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side.
- Did you know the average person brushes for just 45-70 seconds a day, the recommended amount is 2 minutes twice daily!!
Back to News Listing